Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause adverse health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Denver West has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Where there's mold, there's moisture, and continuous moist conditions will lead to accelerated mold growth. Our emergency mold remediation services respond quickly to all mold removal requests as we understand there is no time to waste.
Until emergency services arrive, it's important to minimize contact with the mold as much as possible to avoid breathing in dangerous spores. If possible, close off the section of the home that is being affected, or at the very least cut off air flow to that area. Do not attempt cleaning or removing mold yourself, as this requires specialized equipment and chemicals.
Some materials such as drywall and insulation may become damaged beyond repair by the mold. While we do everything we can to salvage your belongings, we cannot guarantee that all can be saved. By contacting SERVPRO of Denver West at the first sign of mold, you can help ensure remediation of the problem before it becomes worse and begins to truly damage your home.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – 303-576-6868
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Denver West for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Denver West has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Cherry Creek
- Castle Rock
- Greenwood Village
- Buckley Air National Guard Base