Air Ducts and HVAC Cleaning
Did you know that the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends routine air duct cleaning every 3 to 5 years? For many of us, air duct cleanliness is an "out-of-sight, out-of-mind" concept. While the rest of the house may be spick-and-span clean, it's easy to neglect what we don't always--or sometimes ever--see.
A dirty air duct not only affects air flow and performance, but also contributes to circulation of dust, pollen, and other allergens throughout a home. There are several signs that an air duct cleaning may be necessary, including:
1. Stubborn Dust in the Home - When dust seems to just keep coming despite routine cleaning, it could be the result of a dirty air duct.
2. Presence of Mold - If there is mold in your A/C or furnace unit, it's possible that it has spread to the ducts. This is especially a concern in humid environments.
3. Recent Renovations - Renovating a new or existing home often results in dust as a biproduct of the renovations. This dust often makes its way into the air ducts, causing issues.
4. Rising Heating / Cooling Bills - Extreme dust buildup can lead to inefficient air flow in vents, causing increased costs of heating and cooling. A sudden rise in HVAC bills could indicate dust buildup in your vents.
However, duct cleaning is not always necessary. We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
For more information on HVAC and air duct cleaning, call us today, 303-576-6868.