Steps to Clean Up After a Commercial Renovation
When your commercial property undergoes a renovation the clean-up can seem like an afterthought. SERVPRO of Denver West has provided steps to ensure your property is cleaned properly:
Usually, a post-construction clean-up will include the following:
- Sweep and vacuum all surfaces, including ceilings and walls
- Sweep, mop, and disinfect floors
- Vacuum all upholstery
- Wipe down doors, knobs, baseboards, moldings, and hardware
- Thorough wipe-down and sanitization of bathrooms and kitchens (including appliances, cabinets, and counters)
- Dust, vacuum, and wipe down all window interiors including sills and frames
- Dust all ducts, grates, vents, blinds, ceiling fans, and lighting fixtures
- Clean all hardware such as hinges and handles
- Clean inside and outside of shelves and cabinets
- Clean inside all closets
- Removal of all remaining trash and debris (although your contractor should have removed most of this as part of the contract)
If you’re trying to decide whether to do it yourself or to outsource it to the experts, ask the following questions:
- Do you have the energy and time?
- How long will it take you?
- Do you have any money left in the renovation budget you could put toward the cleaning? (Or better yet, build it in now if you haven’t started!).
Different circumstances will determine who gets the job, but a thorough clean is crucial. All kinds of particles are released into the air during renovations, including various toxins, mold spores, silicates, and ultra-fine dust that can damage your lungs. Freshly applied paints, lacquers, and primers also give off fumes. Given the possible dangers to your health, the hefty price tag for a proper clean may well be worth it! If you are looking for experts in cleaning your commercial property call SERVPRO of Denver West at 303-576-6868.