Portable Fire Extinguisher Malfunction in Parker Home?
Portable fire extinguishers are a great tool to combat small, contained fires in homes or workplaces. Our local team in Denver West responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year, and Parker residents and businesses benefit from our fast emergency response time. Here are tips for using portable fire extinguishers from the National Fire Protection Association:
- To operate a fire extinguisher, remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you, and release the locking mechanism
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side
- For the home, select a multi-purpose extinguisher (can be used on all types of home fires) that is large enough to put out a small fire but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle
- Choose a fire extinguisher that carries the label of an independent testing laboratory
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out
When you need fire damage restoration services, our team in Denver West is on-call and ready to assist you 24-hours a day in Parker. Call us today at 303-576-6868.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.