Sump Pump Failure in Centennial?
Sump Pump Inspection Tips for Centennial
According to a study published by the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS), power outages were the cause of 18 percent of water damage incidents involving a sump pump. Clogged inlet screens and faulty float switches accounted for another 40 percent of sump pump failure incidents. SERVPRO® of Denver West responds to water damage emergencies throughout the year in the Centennial area, and we mitigate many instances of flooding caused by sump pump failure.
The IBHS recommends following the manufacturer’s recommendations for sump pump maintenance. To inspect the sump pump:
- Open the lid and remove debris that may be clogging the water inlet screen
- Pour approximately five gallons of water into the pump and watch the float valve rise
- As the float valve rises, the pump should turn on and discharge the water through the outlet pipe
- Go outside and inspect the outlet pipe
- Water should be flowing from the pipe away from the home
You might also consider installing a battery backup system with a battery replacement warning and replace the batteries every two to three years.
Call Us Today!
If you have a sump pump failure and need emergency water restoration services, SERVPRO® of Denver West has a team of highly trained restoration technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 303-576-6868. We’ll restore your water damage in Centennial, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Denver West is Independently Owned and Operated.