Tornado Survival Tips for Denver?
Tornado Season in Denver?
Did you know that Denver and other parts of eastern Colorado are part of the United States region known as Tornado Alley? On average, Colorado gets about sixty tornadoes a year, and although most of them occur in May, June, and July, tornadoes have been reported nine months out of the year. The last tornado to hit Denver happened in 1988, but others have happened close to the city over the years.
- Immediately go to a safe location that you identified.
- Take additional cover by shielding your head and neck with your arms and putting materials such as furniture and blankets around you.
- Listen to EAS, NOAA Weather Radio, or local alerting systems for current emergency information and instructions.
- Do not try to outrun a tornado in a vehicle.
- If you are in a car or outdoors and cannot get to a building, cover your head and neck with your arms and cover your body with a coat or blanket, if possible.
SERVPRO of Denver West is Independently Owned and Operated.