When Water Sloshes into Your House, SERVPRO of Denver West Can Help Restore Your Home.
Heavy rains or hail can cause water damage, especially when gutters are full of leaves and debris. If you discover water damage in your home, our SERVPRO® of Denver West teams are ready to help restore your home and belongings from that damage. We are Here to Help! ®
SERVPRO of Denver West
Gutters, also called rain gutters, eavestroughs, eaves-shoots or surface water collection channels, direct water from flowing off roofs in uncontrolled manners or from building up on flat roofs. The reasons we need gutters are:
- Prevent water from damaging walls
- Ensure people standing below don’t get drenched
- Direct the water away from the foundation
- Prevent the weight of excess water on a flat roof (water weighs eight pounds a gallon) as it would break at least part of the roof
If your Cherry Creek home suffers water damage for any reason, such as clogged gutters or washing machines with cracked intake hoses, you may be surprised by the volume of water inside your house, and worse – by the volume of water that you can’t reach.
That’s why remediation of water damage requires professional help. At SERVPRO of Denver West, we are on call 24 hours a day, every single day of the year; you saw that correctly –every day, even holidays.
Call us at 303-576-6868. We are:
- Locally Owned and Operated, therefore committed to the neighborhood
- A leader in the restoration and cleaning industry
- Licensed General Contractors
- A IICRC Certified Firm (learn more about the industry’s governing body here)
Restoration from Water Damage
Water keeps doing damage until it is removed. Because water moves quickly and is absorbed by materials such as carpet, drywall, and wood, removal can be difficult. We have powerful hygrometers, extractors, dryers, and dehumidifiers to allow to find and remove excess moisture, even that hiding as humidity or within the structure.
We also specialize in microbial remediation.
We’ve heard declarations of togetherness such as “we go together like…”
- Peanut butter and chocolate
- Music and dancing
- Sneakers and t-shirts
For some reason, we’ve never heard “we go together like excess water and microbial growth.”
Maybe it’s not romantic, but it’s real. Microbial growth, frequently mold, always develops when there is excess water hanging around for 24 to 48 hours, and wow, does that stuff move fast once it gets started!
No worries, count on us to:
- Extract water
- Dry the structure and belongings
- Find microbial growth and remove it
- Mitigate damage from mold, other growth
- Restore home and belongings from water damage “Like it never even happened.”
In the 1954 movie, “The Creature from the Black Lagoon”, the underwater creature was played by Ricou Browning, a professional diver and swimmer. The director figured that since the creature breathed through gills, audience members shouldn’t see air bubbles from the nose or mouth, so Browning had to hold his breath for up to four minutes at a time.
SERVPRO of Denver West