When Drywall Becomes Soggy Wall, SERVPRO of Denver West Saves the Day.
Water damage is not easy to restore. There may be unseen damage, depending on the location of the leak. Our teams at SERVPRO® of Denver West are trained to assess and restore water damage. We are Here to Help restore structures and their contents from water damage.
SERVPRO of Denver West: Always Available
Because water damage starts off bad and quickly gets worse, it’s an emergency. Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. As soon as you notice water damage, call us – SERVPRO of Denver West – at 303-576-6868.
Signs of Water Damage
Leaks are not always obvious. The earlier you catch water damage, the better off you are because water damage does not stop.
Possible signs of water damage:
- Musty smells
- Damp smells
- New creaking sounds in the building
- More obvious sounds, such as dripping or rushing water
- Stains or discoloration on walls, ceilings, floors, furniture, equipment
- Water pooling near appliances or in corners
- Unexplained cold spots (don’t believe the ghost stories)
Of course, if you see anyone doing the backstroke down the hallway, count that as an obvious sign of a water leak and call for help immediately.
Results of Untreated Water Damage
Water is “the universal solvent” not because it can dissolve everything, but because it can dissolve more substances than other liquids, even if it can’t necessarily do it quickly. That property is to our advantage most of the time. We digest food and clean ourselves because water is a solvent.
On the not-so-advantageous side, water can:
- Dissolve stone (Saddle Rock, Happy Canyon, Castlewood, etc.)
- Weaken a building’s foundation (far less time than it takes to gouge out a canyon)
- Rust metal (SERVPRO of Denver West does treat metal on equipment, furniture, and other belongings)
- Rot wood (SERVPRO of Denver West can often help restore wood furniture, flooring, structures, and other objects to pre-damage conditions)
- Shred drywall and sheetrock (we dispose of these materials and replace them)
- Separate layers of laminated materials (linoleum, some flooring)
- Crack open grout between tiles (we do remediate damage to flooring, and we re-install carpet and other types of flooring, including tile, LVT, hardwood, and many others)
- Stain textiles (which we clean and repair)
- Short-circuit wiring (we will dry the wiring, and do our best to mitigate damage to electronics)
Never mind with the rest of the sob stories; you get the idea.
Break Time: Trivia!
This week’s offering from the Desk for Information No One Asked About is about plumbing.
Plumbing: the lowdown:
- Standardized plumbing goes back to around 3,000 B.C.E.
- Egyptians were the first people to make copper pipes instead of lead for carrying water – good safety move!
- Ancient Romans called the bathroom (the room with the toilet) the “necessarium (we aren’t sure this is true, but we hope it is.)
SERVPRO of Denver West
Call us at 303-576-6868: Faster to any size disaster.