Burst Pipes Don’t Have to Burst Your Bubble. Call SERVPRO of Denver West.
Water damage can happen suddenly if a frozen pipe bursts. If you are dealing with water damage, call SERVPRO® of Denver West so we can help you with the remediation.
SERVPRO of Denver West: Always Available in an Emergency
Call us soon as you can. Scream first if you must, but then calm down enough to dial the phone.
Burst pipes qualify as emergencies. We figure you know that, but if you’ve spending time with children lately, you may have learned that anything concerning real estate is unimportant, and anything concerning sugar-coated sugary sugar bombs is an emergency.
Water moves quickly to:
- Where-ever gravity takes it (carpet to floor to subfloor to ceiling to walls…)
- Into or through whichever porous materials soak it up (drywall, wallpaper, carpet etc.)
Given enough time to hide, the water can cause structural damage. If the water finds a place where it does not have to evaporate, it may last long enough to support one of its biggest fans – mold – to develop a home.
- Cleanup and disinfection from water damage (no matter what the cause)
- Remediation of all types of water damage
- Mitigation of mold damage and of other microbial growth
- Ability to help restore your home and belongings to their preloss conditions
Pipes Bursting in Walls
It doesn’t quite have the patriotic stirrings of “bombs burst in air” or the glow of “bursting with pride”.
A Refresher Course in Bursting Pipes
- The most common cause is ice. The pipes freeze, and the ice takes up more space than the water did, which pushes the water toward the closed faucet. Keeping the faucet open at a slow drip prevents the water pressure from building too high. Insulating the pipes also helps.
- Clogs also increase water pressure at other parts of the pipe. When the plumbing starts moving slowly, try drain cleaner. Talk to a plumber first.
- Tree roots and other blockages are horror stories we will save for next Halloween, but not as scary as
- Rusty or fragile pipes – We can fix the water damage regardless of the cause, but we don’t know how to do time travel – if we could, we’d be able to prevent the need for expensive plumbing repairs
Time Out for Trivia!
Polar bears leave hormonal cues in their pawprints! Other polar bears sniff the prints and learn whether a single bear looking for a connection is in the area. It’s more practical than a phone app.
SERVPRO of Denver West
Call us anytime. We’ll get rid of the water, clean and disinfect, and help restore your home to its preloss condition.