Storms Bringing Sub-Zero Temperatures to Denver?
Our team in Denver West responds to storm damage emergencies often this time of year and wants residents to be safe in frigid weather. Here are some freezing weather safety tips from The City of Denver’s website:
- Prepare for power outages. Gather supplies you need to stay home for several days without power. Keep in mind each person’s specific needs, including medication. Have extra batteries for radios and flashlights.
- Keep refrigerators and freezers closed in the event of a power outage. If your power is out for more than four hours, discard perishable food like meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and leftovers.
- Create an emergency supply kit for your car. Include jumper cables, sand, a flashlight, warm clothes, blankets, bottled water, and non-perishable snacks. Keep the gas tank full.
- Stay off roads, and stay indoors, if possible. If trapped in your car, stay inside.
- Listen for emergency information and alerts.
- Limit your time outside. If you need to go outside, wear layers of warm clothing.
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Only use generators and grills outdoors and away from windows. Never heat your home with a gas stovetop or oven.
- Reduce the risk of a heart attack. Avoid overexertion when shoveling snow.
- Look for signs of hypothermia and frostbite and seek medical attention immediately
Call Us Today!
When you need storm damage restoration services, our team in Denver West is ready to assist you 24-hours a day, every day in the Denver area. Call us today at 303-576-6868.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.