Hoarding Danger in Castle Rock?
When my mother got out of the hospital, she wanted to return to her home in Castle Rock. I told her it would be elder abuse to let her go back to her home in its current state. My mother is a hoarder, and the house had become unlivable, and she became ill as a result. A friend told me to call SERVPRO® of Denver West, and I’m glad I did. They sent out a team to help us clear the house and clean and decontaminate it.
Hoarding causes health and fire risks. According to the National Fire Protection Association, hoarding increases fire risks because:
- Cooking is unsafe if flammable items are close to the stove or oven
- Heating units may be too close to things that can burn. They might also be placed on unstable surfaces. If a heater tips over into a pile, it can cause a fire.
- Electrical wiring may be old or worn from the weight of piles. Pests could chew on wires. Damaged wires can start fires.
- Open flames from smoking materials or candles in a home with excess clutter are very dangerous
- Blocked pathways and exits may hinder escape from a fire
Call Us Today!
Call us today at 303-576-6868. We’ll restore your hoarding scene in Castle Rock, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.