Halloween Fire Safety Tips for Parker Families?
Wishing Parker families a Happy Halloween!
Each year decorations are the first thing to ignite in about 800 reported home fires each year. SERVPRO® of Denver West offers these tips for Halloween safety from the National Fire Protection Association:
- When choosing a costume, stay away from long trailing fabric
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costume
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow-stick in jack-o-lanterns. If you use a real candle, use extreme caution. Make sure children are watched at all times when candles are lit. When lighting candles inside jack-o-lanterns, use long, fireplace-style matches or a utility lighter. Be sure to place lit pumpkins well away from anything that can burn and far enough out of the way of trick-or-treaters, doorsteps, walkways, and yards.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes
- Make sure all smoke alarms in the home are working
- Tell children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them. Be sure they know how to stop, drop and roll if their clothing catches fire
SERVPRO® of Denver West has a team of fire damage restoration technicians on call 24-hours a day. Call us today at 303-576-6868. We'll restore your fire damage in Parker, "Like it never even happened."
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.