Thunderstorm Preparedness Tips for Denver?
Do you know that SERVPRO® of Denver West responds to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Denver? Colorado experiences lots of thunderstorms each year, even though we are not close to any major bodies of water. According to meteorologist Chris Spears, Colorado’s warm temperatures combined with humidity and Colorado’s terrain create the perfect conditions for thunderstorms. The humidity comes from southeasterly winds from the Gulf of Mexico, and monsoonal moisture comes up from the Gulf of California during the summer.
Here is some information from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on thunderstorms:
- Know your area’s risk of thunderstorms. They can occur year-round and at any hour.
- Sign up for your community’s warning system. The Emergency Alert System (EAS) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio also provide emergency alerts.
- Identify sturdy buildings close to where you live, work, study, and play
- Cut down or trim trees that may be in danger of falling on your home
- Consider buying surge protectors, lightning rods, or a lightning protection system to protect your home, appliances, and electronic devices
- Secure outside furniture
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business experiences storm damage, SERVPRO® of Denver West is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 303-576-6868. We’ll restore your storm damage in Denver, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.