Smoke Alarm Safety Tips for Centennial?
When there’s smoke there’s usually fire in Centennial.
SERVPRO® of Denver West responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in Centennial. The National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA), the website states that when properly installed and maintained, smoke alarms save lives. Here is some information from the NFPA on smoke alarms:
- A closed-door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home.
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- Today’s smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions, yet mitigate false alarms
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every 10 years
- Smoke alarms are an important part of a home fire escape plan
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business experiences fire damage, SERVPRO® of Denver West is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 303-576-6868. We’ll restore your fire damage in Centennial, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.