Thunderstorms in Denver?
Thunderstorm and Lightning Safety Tips for Denver
SERVPRO® of Denver West responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Denver. July is the hottest month of the year in Denver and brings with it thunderstorms. In fact, there are more thunderstorms in Denver in July than in any other month of the year.
Here are some thunderstorm safety tips from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA):
Lightning: What You Need to Know
- No place outside is safe when thunderstorms are in the area
- If you hear thunder, lightning is close enough to strike you
- When you hear thunder, immediately move to a safe shelter: a substantial building with electricity or plumbing or an enclosed, metal-topped vehicle with windows up
Indoor Lightning Safety
- Stay off of corded phones, computers, and other electrical equipment that put you in direct contact with electricity
- Avoid plumbing, including sinks, baths, and faucets
- Stay away from windows and doors and stay off porches
- Do not lie on concrete floors, and do not lean against concrete walls
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business experiences storm damage, SERVPRO® of Denver West has a team of highly trained restoration technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 303-576-6868. We’ll restore your storm damage in Denver, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.