Cooking Oil Fire in Englewood?
Cooking With Oil
At SERVPRO® of Denver West, we respond to fire damage emergencies of all kinds in the Englewood area and many of them started in the kitchen. Here are some safety tips for cooking with oil from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Always stay in the kitchen when frying on the stovetop
- Keep an eye on what you fry. If you see wisps of smoke or the oil smells, immediately turn off the burner and/or carefully remove the pan from the burner. Smoke is a danger sign that the oil is too hot
- Heat the oil slowly to the temperature you need for frying or sautéing
- Add food gently to the pot or pan so the oil does not splatter
- Always cook with a lid beside your pan. If you have a fire, slide the lid over the pan and turn off the burner. Do not remove the cover because the fire could start again. Let the pan cool for a long time. Never throw water on the fire
- If the fire does not go out or you don’t feel comfortable sliding a lid over the pan, get everyone out of your home. Call the fire department from outside
SERVPRO of Denver West is Independently Owned and Operated.