No matter where you live or work, you will experience severe storms at one time or another. It is important that you are prepared and educated in advance of this so you are best able to handle the circumstance. Whether you live in Tornado Alley, along the coasts, on a fault line, or in fire prone locations, the following is a lists of preparation steps you should take.
- Keep a battery powered radio at your residence
- Have a flashlight accessible
- Unplug electrical appliances from your home when gone for extended periods
- Ensure roof shingles are well secured and nailed down
- Employ a lightning protection system to avoid strikes on your home
- Board up windows and doors in advance of a major storm
These are just a few of many important steps to take to be prepared for a storm. Call SERVPRO of Aurora at 303-576-6868 with questions regarding storm safety and preparedness.