Your Local SERVPRO Shares Tips
When you live in Colorado, you can usually count on one thing - there will always be at least one blizzard during the winter season. Everyone knows the standard checklist when preparing for old man winter, including the dreaded run to a crowded grocery store to stock up on milk, bread and eggs. But here at SERVPRO we have a few tips for things you may have forgotten or not thought of:
- Keep all electronics you may need, including cell phones, tablets and entertainment for the kids fully charged when you know a storm is coming. This way if the power goes out, you still have a full 100% instead of starting at 25%.
- Keep one or more portable battery packs fully charged for when the juice runs out on your electronics. If you are in a pinch and need to charge an electronic device, remember that most can be charged in an automobile - Just remember to start it and let it run while charging so you don't drain the battery in your automobile.
- Keep extra coolers and empty your ice maker into large storage bags for a few days before the storm. This way if you lose power you can keep your refrigerator or freezer items cold as long as possible.
- Keep books, playing cards and board games easily accessible in case boredom sets in.
- Make sure to check your supply of items such as pet food, formula and diapers for children, toiletries and medications.
Stay safe and remember that we are always here to help!