Protect Your Property from a Marijuana Grow
What Landlords and Property Managers Should Know
The number of houses and commercial buildings that are used for growing marijuana is increasing. As medical and recreational marijuana becomes legal in more states it also becomes legal to grow at home for certain people. Grow rooms are becoming more common & cause great damage and microbial growth if improperly built or operated.
How Can a Grow Operation Affect Your Property?
- Mold growth from inadequate ventilation causing high levels of humidity
- Incorrect wiring or overloaded circuits can result in a fire.
- Poor quality electrical work may lower resale value.
- Holes for ventilation and electrical access
- Wood rot
- Rusted hollow columns
- Damaged duct system from plant sap and high levels of humidity
- Residual marijuana odor
Don’t Become The Victim
Should cannabis related issues arise after the lease has been signed and if there was no clause prohibiting it, you’ll need to rely on an anti-drug or crime policy that hopefully was included in the lease. A breach of the lease could be cause for eviction if the tenant doesn’t
comply after getting a written notice. If you did not include such a clause, it will be difficult to enforce your wishes during the term of the lease.
SERVPRO of Denver West
Call us at 303-576-6868
We provide results while minimizing the disruption to your business or home.